Better Than Crack Brownies
Yes I made these brownies because of the name. How could I resist? Plus they sounded so good. Fudgy brownies layered with peanut butter and chocolate with crispy rice. It’s like a delicious homemade candy bar.
I found the recipe from How Sweet It Is. The original recipe actually has even more going on, with layers of peanuts, and peanut butter cups. I ended up leaving those out but these still tasted pretty good and they are easy to make.
Since I haven’t found my perfect brownie recipe, I used a brownie mix for the base. I baked these in my Baker’s Edge Brownie Pan*, which if you love brownies and don’t yet own one, I recommend putting it on your wish list or asking for one for your birthday. This pan is wonderful. Not only does it allow for every brownie piece to have chewy edges, but it also helps you cut perfect brownie pieces. I don’t know about you, but when I bake brownies, the middle section always starts to fall apart when I cut into the brownies.
- 1 batch brownies I used Betty Crocker's brownie mix
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Mix brownies according to directions on box, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish or the Baker's Edge Brownie Pan (see notes for product link).
Spread peanut butter evenly on top of the brownies while they are hot. Then put them back in the oven and bake for another 4-6 minutes until brownies are finished cooking.
Meanwhile melt the chocolate chips at thirty second intervals in the microwave. Once the chocolate is melted, add in the rice krispies and mix together. Pour the chocolate cereal mixture onto the brownies and spread evenly.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
- I bought my Baker's Edge Brownie Pan* on Amazon.
- Recipe adapted from How Sweet It Is
- *Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. Much like referral codes, this means I earn a small commission if you purchase a product I referred (at no extra charge to you).