- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 14 oreo cookies
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients on low speed until dough is formed. This should only take about 30 seconds to 1 minute. You want to be careful not to overmix the dough.
- Add oreos directly into batter and beat on medium high speed until oreos are crushed and blended into dough. This should only take a few seconds. Lightly roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place onto ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 11-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden around the edges. Cookies will be initially puffy when taken out from oven and will flatten after they cool.