Chewy Cookies and Cream Cookies
These chewy cookies and cream cookies are soft, chewy, with crushed Oreos in every bite. It’s one of my favorite cookies to make for parties and bake sales.
Recently the Oreo cookie celebrated it’s 100th Anniversary. I had no idea the cookie had been around so long. It’s quite impressive given how popular the cookie still is. Of course my mind has been on oreos and I wanted to make some recipes.
So I made these cookies and cream cookies. They came out exactly how I had hoped.
These were really easy to make. And I love the look of the oreo cookie pieces throughout. This is one of my favorite oreo recipes I’ve made to date.
Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 14 oreo cookies
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients on low speed until dough is formed. This should only take about about 30 seconds to 1 minute. You want to be careful not to overmix the dough. Add oreos directly into batter and beat on medium high speed until oreos are crushed and blended into dough. This should only take a few seconds. Lightly roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place onto ungreased cookie sheets lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 11-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden around the edges. Cookies will be initially puffy when taken out from oven and will flatten after they cool.
All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Did you make this recipe?
Share it on instagram with the hashtag #kirbiecravings!