These French Toast sticks are baked in the oven and make an easy and fun breakfast or brunch. You only need a handful of ingredients and 30 minutes to make them so you can easily make a big batch.
Food is more fun when you can eat it with your hands right? At least I think that’s true in the case of these French toast sticks.
I love this easy baked French toast sticks recipe because you can make a big batch, pop them in the oven and serve them with syrup for dipping. It’s a great breakfast when you’re serving a crowd for breakfast or brunch, but it’s easy enough for a quick weekend breakfast, too. The remind me of my pancake muffins which are an easier way to make pancakes.
I made them for me and Mr. K and they were so fun eat, we ended up eating the whole batch. I’ll definitely make them again when we have friends and family over for brunch.
French toast sticks are very easy to make and you only need four ingredients plus syrup on the side for dipping.
- I think the best bread to use is Texas toast bread because it’s thicker than regular sandwich bread and is sturdier.
- You’ll also need heavy cream, one egg, and some honey for the custard.
How to Make French Toast Sticks
To prep the bread, I like to cut off all of the crusts first. Then just slice each piece of bread into four sticks. For this recipe, I used four slices of bread to make 16 French toast sticks, but you can easily double or even triple this recipe if you’re serving a lot of people.
Once you have your bread ready, just dunk each stick in the cream mixture. Be sure to coat it on all sides but don’t soak it because your French toast sticks will be too soggy.
Place the sticks on a baking sheet and bake them for 18 to 22 minutes or until they turn golden and are cooked through.
These are so easy because you don’t have to stand at the stove cooking them in a pan, which can take forever. I love that you can make as many as you want and just pop them in the oven. When they’re done just pile them on a serving plate along with a bowl of warm syrup for dipping. For brunch, I think my egg white muffins or omelet muffins would be great on the side.
More French Toast Recipe Ideas
Be sure to check out some of my other French toast recipes!
- French Toast Donuts
- Grilled Cheese French Toast Sandwiches
- French Toast Muffins
- Microwave French Toast in a Mug
French Toast Sticks
- 4 slices of Texas Toast style bread
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- syrup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Slice crust off of bread. Cut each bread slice into 4 pieces, like photo above, to form four sticks that look like thick cut fries.
- In a bowl, whisk heavy cream, egg, and honey. Gently dunk each stick into custard batter until it is covered on all sides. Place onto baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bread sticks.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until edges turn golden brown and custard is completely cooked. Serve with a side of syrup for dipping.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.