Super Bowl Sunday is almost here and I’ve been excited for weeks. Not because I really care about the game. But because I love all the snacks!
I haven’t quite made up my mind about what we’ll be eating. Today I was thinking of nachos and cheese and thought it would be fun to create an appetizer with a nacho cheese filling. So I came up with these nacho cheese bites.
They are basically pizza ball bites filled with a mild spicy cheese. When baked, the cheese melts so that you are met with oozing cheese when you bite into the dough ball.
Some of the dough balls had a little bit too much cheese so when they baked, it oozed out. These were tasty, though I would make an additional side of nacho cheese sauce for dipping for some additional cheesy goodness.
Nacho Cheese Bites
- 1/2 block Velveeta Mexican flavor cheese
- 1 can premade pizza dough
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9-inch pie pan.
- Cut cheese into small cubes about 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch. Make round balls with pizza dough, about 1 inch in diameter. Flatten dough balls and stuff with a piece of cheese and then seal balls back up. Smooth the dough balls so they are round.
- Place finished dough balls into pie pan, lining them next to each other and covering plate.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
- Serve warm with a side of additional melted cheese sauce.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.