- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- approximately 10 oreo cookies
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs. Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a large chunk of dough. Place an oreo in the middle of the dough. Shape the dough so that it covers the entire cookie on all sides and forms a round cookie shape. Place a few of the remaining 1/4 cups of chocolate chips on the surface of the cookie. Place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 15 minutes.
Cookie base adapted from Everyday Annie