These Oreo stuffed cookies are so rich and chocolatey. Each chocolate cookie has a whole Oreo cookie baked inside. They’re also studded with chocolate chips.
Oreo stuffed cookies have been popping up on a lot of food blogs lately thanks to the ingenious idea by Picky Palate. I’ve tried a few stuffed cookie versions including stuffed chocolate chip cookies and brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
I was originally going to try the Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies, but then I thought of trying chocolate cookies stuffed with Oreos, similar to chocolate covered Oreos.
Notes about these Cookies
- I knew when I started testing this recipe, I would need a chocolate cookie dough that would bake up sturdy enough to hold the Oreo cookie inside, but still somewhat soft because I like soft cookies. This final version is perfect – the chocolate cookie part is soft and extra chocolatey and holds the Oreo cookie really well. I love biting into the Oreo stuffed cookies and getting that crunchy texture from the Oreo.
- These cookies have a triple dose of chocolate – the cookie dough, the chocolate chips and the Oreo inside. I like to save a few chocolate chips to place on top of each cookie before I bake them.
- The easiest way to stuff the cookies is to take a large scoop of cookie dough, place the Oreo in the middle and then mold the dough around the cookie so it’s completely covered.
I love how easy these cookies are to make and I really like getting the crunchy cookies with all the chocolate in every bite.
More Oreo Cookie Creations
So, I’m one of those people who doesn’t really love just a plain Oreo – I much prefer using them to make a whole new cookie or dessert. Here are a few more of my favorite ways to use them:
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Churros
- Oreo Stuffed Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Oreos Cookies and Cream Chocolate Bark
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- approximately 10 oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs. Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop up a large chunk of dough. Place an oreo in the middle of the dough. Shape the dough so that it covers the entire cookie on all sides and forms a round cookie shape. Place a few of the remaining 1/4 cups of chocolate chips on the surface of the cookie. Place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 15 minutes.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.
I love chocolate cookies and oreo cookies. Putting them together was genius!
Oooh, these look delicious, I’ll have to try them out.
I hope you enjoy them!