Roasted asparagus is seasoned with a from-scratch dry ranch seasoning mix made up of common pantry herbs and spices. It’s a tasty and easy side dish.
Asparagus seems to be on sale everywhere now. I’m always trying to find clever ways to eat it because I’m not much of a fan of asparagus. But I do love ranch seasoning and I used a similar technique on my Ranch Roasted Carrots so I thought I’d give it a try with asparagus.
I always choose the very thin asparagus as they have a much more mellow flavor. The ranch seasoning on the asparagus was delicious and this was such a simple side dish to put together. It only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish including cooking time.
Mr. K and I both loved this preparation. We polished off a full pound of asparagus in no time with zero leftovers. We’ll definitely be making this a lot more.
Ranch Roasted Asparagus
- 1 lb thin asparagus wash and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 dry dill
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl add all the dry spices and herbs and mix together with a spoon (parsley, garlic, onion, salt, dill, pepper).
- Place asparagus into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss several times until all asparagus are evenly coated. If you are using thick asparagus, you may need another 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle dry seasoning mix over asparagus and toss asparagus again until they are evenly coated in seasoning.
- Lay asparagus side by side on the prepared baking sheets. Roast asparagus for about 15 minutes or until tender.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.