I've never eaten or made a yogurt cake before. I found a recipe for green tea yogurt cupcakes on Little Corner of Mine. The recipe looked so easy, that I had to try it out. The result came out delicious! Very easy to make. And very tasty! Sweet, fluffy, moist. Delicious! And a lovely, light green color. I made cupcakes and mini bundt cakes.
Substitutions: I used vanilla flavored yogurt instead of plain yogurt to add a little bit of extra sweetness. Also I added another teaspoon of matcha green tea to ensure that the end result would be green. Here is my modified recipe for cupcakes:
Yield: Approximately 15 cupcakes
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. matcha green tea powder
1 6oz container vanilla yogurt
3 large eggs, whisk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350'F. Place paper cups in the muffin pan.
2. In a big bowl, add in (A). Whisk to combine.
3. Then, add in (B). Whisk and blend until incorporated.
4. Lastly, scoop the batter into each papercups until 3/4 full.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
You can also make miniature bunt cakes if you have the little pans. I made a few bundt cakes as well as cupcakes.