Last month I took my favorite soft cookie recipe and added some chocolate and Nutella to it. They were soft, chocolatey, but the Nutella flavor got a little lost.
So I decided to try again and only put Nutella. Unfortunately, the Nutella flavor still ended up tasting really light. It’s frustrating baking with Nutella sometimes. The flavor often gets lost, especially in cookies.
The cookies were still good and very soft. However, they tasted almost like regular chocolate chip cookies with a hint of chocolate.
I’ll have to play around a little more to try to create a soft Nutella cookie recipe that tastes more like Nutella. You can view the Chocolate Nutella cookie recipe here.
Soft Nutella Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until creamy and fluffy.
3. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Beat in the eggs, Nutella and vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour mixture at low speed. Stir in the chocolate chips, until fully incorporated into the dough.
5. Make balls of cookie dough, about 1 1/2 inch in diameter and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat mats, spacing dough balls about 2 inches apart..
6. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool on cookie sheets before removing.