Brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies revisited
Ever since my first attempt at making brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies, these have been highly requested in my house. I made them again recently for a get together I was having, and I played around with the chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I forgot how humongous these cookies are. You might not be able to tell from the pictures, but these are monster sized cookies. I planned on making twelve but only had enough dough to make 6! Next time I need to remember to cut the size of the brownies smaller so that I don’t need so much dough to cover each brownie.
I love this combination of brownie and cookie. It combines two great loves.
Even though I used a different chocolate chip cookie recipe, I actually didn’t notice a difference. This recipe is inspired by Picky Palate who came up with the idea for these cookies; I just changed the cookie recipe.
Recipe: Brownie Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- First make the brownies ahead of time, following the instructions on the box. Let the brownies cool before cutting. You may want to cut them smaller so you don’t have gigantic cookies.
- For the cookie dough: Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream the butter, sugar and the brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture on low speed until combined.
- Using a large spoon, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop a large chunk of dough, then place a brownie in the middle. Scoop another chunk of dough to put on top of the brownie. Smooth sides until entire cookie dough covers the brownie. Place cookies on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Bake for about 12 minutes until cookies are golden brown and move off the parchment paper without sticking to the bottom.