- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped almonds I put mine through my food processor
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- confectioners' sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour and matcha powder; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped almonds.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls (I made my balls slightly smaller, about 3/4 of an inch, because they seemed to spread and flatten when 1 inch). Place them 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Roll the cookies in a bowl of confectioners' sugar once they are cooled.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes