Learn how to make a pomegranate cocktail with tequila. It’s a festive ruby-colored drink that’s easy to make and perfect for the holiday season. I’m sharing some of my other favorite holiday drink recipes, too!
I thought I’d share some holiday drink ideas because this is the time of year when there are lots of parties. I’m always trying to come up with something festive and this pomegranate martini is a drink I’ll be making for friends and family this year.
I also wanted to share some other alcoholic and non-alcoholic holiday drink recipes which are listed below the recipe as a mini round-up. So be sure to check those out, too!
Pomegranate Holiday Drink Recipe
I love pomegranate seeds and their festive red color so I wanted to make at least one cocktail with pomegranates this year.
I loved the idea of a martini-style drink but made with tequila instead. I had some tequila that is flavored with hints of vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, nutmeg, and cinnamon which just seemed perfect for the season. The brand is called Muerto, but any tequila that you like to drink will work well.
- Pomegranate juice or pomegranate juice concentrate
- Splash of champagne
- Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
I usually measure out two ounces of the tequila per drink, but just eyeball the other ingredients. Some people like their drinks sweeter so you can adjust the amount of pomegranate.
The champagne is optional. I’ve made the drink with and without it. It adds a little fizz, which is a nice touch.
How to Make the Drink
Place all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake it for 30 seconds or until the container is cold. Strain the drink into a martini glass and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
I love the flavor combination in this drink and the color is just perfect. I made them for a party and lined the drinks up on a table with a green tablecloth – the light reflection made the drinks look red and green, which was perfect for Christmas.
More Holiday Drink Recipes
Looking for more holiday drinks? Here are some others I like to make – a few boozy ones and a few non-alcoholic drinks, too.
- Pomegranate Cranberry Cocktail | This is an easy drink you can make with vodka or as a non-alcoholic cocktail for holiday parties.
- Champagne Cocktails with Spun Sugar | This is a perfect drink for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. The champagne is topped with gold spun sugar which makes for a great presentation
- Bourbon Breakfast Cocktail | This easy drink is great for brunch or as an after-dinner drink for a holiday dinner.
- Homemade Baileys Irish Cream | It’s easy to make your own and you can use it to spike your coffee or hot chocolate all through the holiday season.
- Cold Brew Irish Coffee Cocktail | This is a cold version of the classic Irish coffee. It’s great for parties or for a holiday brunch.
- Thick Nutella Hot Chocolate | This rich hot chocolate is inspired by the kind they make in Europe. Instead of chocolate, I use Nutella!
- Ginger Spice Latte | A homemade latte that tastes like a gingersnap cookie. This is a café-style drink you can make at home.
- Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate | This takes like an Oreo cookie in hot chocolate form!
- Hot Biscoff Milk | This is a warm drink made with spiced cookie spread. It’s perfect for the holidays.
- 2 oz tequila
- pomegranate juice or pomegranate concentrate to taste I didn't measure this out because people like different amounts of sweetness in their cocktails
- splash of champagne optional
- Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Serve chilled in martini glasses. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds if desired.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.