Rich and creamy Nutella fudgsicles are an easy summer treat. You only need three ingredients to make them. They are perfect for summer parties, BBQs or when you want a cold and creamy dessert.
Creamy, fudgy, and so easy to make. These Nutella fudgsicles are a great summer treat. I love classic chocolate fudgsicles, but I really love Nutella so of course, I had to use it to make these popsicles. They’re so creamy and rich.
Lately I’ve seen a million homemade popsicle recipes. I’m more of an ice cream girl (my Nutella Ice Cream is one of my favorites) and I’ve never had much of a desire to make popsicles, until I saw a recipe for Nutella fudgsicles. Unfortunately, the recipe I tried didn’t really work and the popsicles were too icy. But it inspired me to make my own version which turned out nice and creamy.
Tips for Making Creamy Fudgsicles
I tested this recipe several times to get just the right texture and so here are some tips for making them:
- You need to use heavy cream because it has a lot of fat and richness that gives the popsicles the rich and creamy texture. I wouldn’t substitute whipping cream or half and half because they might come out too icy.
- There’s some milk, too, but it’s mostly to thin the mixture so it’s easy to pour into the popsicle molds. I used fat-free milk because it saves on some calories since the heavy cream is so decadent.
- You don’t need a lot of Nutella – only a ¼ cup.
- The easiest way to combine the three ingredients is in the blender. This ensures the Nutella gets fully blended into the milk and cream.
- This recipe makes enough for five (3-ounce) popsicles. The molds I used are now out of stock on Amazon, but any popsicle mold that holds that amount will work.
- The easiest way to unmold a popsicle after it’s frozen is to run it under warm water for a few seconds. They usually pop right out. You can also check the instructions for your molds for recommendations, too.
I made these for a 4th of a July BBQ and they were a huge hit. No one can resist a rich chocolate fudgsicle and I love this Nutella version.
More Frozen Desserts
- Copycat Dole Pineapple Whip
- Nutella Milkshakes
- Mexican Fried Ice Cream
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- Mix all ingredients into a blender until smooth. Pour into molds and freeze for several hours until fudgsicles are set.
- Run fudgsicles under warm water until you see fudgsicle start to pull away from the mold and then remove fudgsicles from mold.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.