I had pepperoni pizza puffs on my mind lately. I’ve made them before, but wanted to make them a little more pizza-like.

These are a tasty little bread treat that are super easy to make. The pepperoni and cheese gives them the flavors pizza, especially when you dip it in a side of marinara sauce. To make them taste even more like a pizza, I sprinkled some Italian seasoning on them this time.

I love making this appetizer when I’m short on time. Yum!

Print Print Save Save

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

Prep Time: 10 mins

Cook Time: 16 mins

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar and monterey jack)
1/3 cup pepperoni, chopped into small pieces
Italian seasoning
marinara sauce for dipping

1. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, milk, egg until batter is lump free. Stir in cheese and pepperoni bites Spoon batter into the prepared mini-muffin cups about 2/3 full. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.

3. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Serve while warm with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.

Recipe adapted from The Family Kitchen

20 Responses to “Pepperoni Pizza Puffs”

1. Natalie @ Once Upon a Cutting Board — September 12, 2011 at 7:10 am

These are absolutely adorable! They sound like they would be easy to adapt with different add-ins and flavours too. I’m bookmarking this recipe for the next party/potluck I go to – I have a feeling if I made them for myself for dinner I wouldn’t be able to stop myself from eating the whole batch!

• Kirbie replied: — September 12th, 2011 @ 8:22 am

They are really versatile. I’ve done different cheese and different meat fillings, though pepperoni and cheese is my favorite combination.

2. Chrissy — September 12, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Love this recipe! I did bacon, cheddar, onion puffs with chives. They were awesome! Thanks! Dipped them in ketchup, they didn’t last more than 10 minutes in front of my fam.

• Kirbie replied: — September 12th, 2011 @ 8:20 pm

What a great variation. Sound delicious. I wish I had some chives so I could try adding it. Glad your family enjoyed these!

3. Sasha — September 13, 2011 at 1:55 am

These sound delicious!! Im definitely saving these although if i had a warm batch in front of me i fear for my self control… :)

• Kirbie replied: — September 13th, 2011 @ 9:01 am

They are seriously addicting!

4. Tina — September 13, 2011 at 1:24 pm

As you discovered, your puffs were so yummy looking I couldn’t help but make them myself IMMEDIATELY! Your pictures are better than mine though :(

Anyway, I can’t wait to try different variations. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Kirbie replied: — September 13th, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

I adored your pictures! Yes, I want to try many variations now too.

5. Paula — September 14, 2011 at 1:40 am

I have to try this!!! My boyf and me have fallen in love with it when we have seen it!!
    Thanks for a new minimuffin pan recipe!!

• Kirbie replied: — September 14th, 2011 @ 8:13 am

This is definitely a good boyfriend treat!

6. Jen Blacker — September 15, 2011 at 3:39 am

I love making these, especially for appetizer night. The last time I made them I used bacon instead of pepperoni (I had forgotten to purchase it). They, of course, still tasted awesome.

• Kirbie replied: — September 18th, 2011 @ 12:15 am

I’ve done the bacon one too! I really like it but my family prefers the pepperoni

7. caninecologne — September 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm

yay! another easy and fun recipe! in fact, i think i will recruit TC and her friends to do this. they can double the recipe and use all of my mini muffin tin sets! :)

• Kirbie replied: — September 18th, 2011 @ 12:20 am

Lol, what a great idea! it’s definitely one your daughter and friends can make.

8. Alicia — September 24, 2011 at 8:08 am

How many does this recipe yield?? Trying to decide if I should double it or not

• Kirbie replied: — September 25th, 2011 @ 9:29 am

It makes about 2 dozen mini ones

9. Marilyn — January 5, 2012 at 6:43 am

I made these but I used ham, pineapple, pepper jack cheese and unflavoured almond milk (that is what I had). I also used regular sized muffin tins. My husband and I both thought they were delicious!

• Kirbie replied: — January 5th, 2012 @ 10:59 am

Ooh, ham and pineapple. Sounds good. Never thought of making a Hawaiian style pizza version.

10. Erin — February 5, 2012 at 8:02 am

I am always looking for easy quick snacks to make for poker parties. I can’t wait to try these.

• Kirbie replied: — February 5th, 2012 @ 9:52 pm

Yes, these would be perfect for a poker party!