Pizza bites are an easy appetizer or snack that you can make with just four ingredients. They’re just like your favorite pepperoni pizza except in mini bite-sized form! Each pizza bite is stuffed with pepperoni and cheese before they are baked in the oven. You can use your favorite homemade pizza dough or use store-bought pizza dough to make these even easier.
Have you ever tried those frozen pizza bites you can get at the grocery store? I’ve never really liked them because they often have a weird chewy texture and are made with a lot of mysterious ingredients that I can’t even pronounce. So, I figured why not make my own homemade pizza bites?
These pizza bites are just like regular pizza except they’re baked up bite-sized with the pizza toppings stuffed inside a pizza dough ball. They’re so easy to make (especially if you use store-bought pizza dough like I did) and you only need four ingredients to make them.
Ingredients for Pizza Bites
- Pizza dough
- Mini pepperoni
- Shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- Dried Italian seasoning
How to Make Pizza Bites
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Divide the pizza dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten each ball so you can place the filling in the center with enough dough around the outside to wrap around the filling.
- Place some cheese and pepperoni in the center of each dough round. Pull the edges up around the filling and press them together to seal.
- Flip the dough over and smooth it from top to bottom to create a smooth round shape. Be sure to the bottom is sealed completely before placing the dough ball in the pie pan. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top and bake the pizza bites for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Serve the pizza bites warm with marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
Pizza Bites Variations
I love the combination of pepperoni and cheese, but you can use your favorite toppings to make pizza bites. Here are some ideas with some tips:
- Ham and pineapple is a popular combination, just be sure to thoroughly drain the pineapple if it has a lot of moisture.
- Try switching out the pepperoni for salami or prosciutto.
- Cooked and crumbled Italian sausage would also work well. Combine it with mozzarella cheese and chopped black olives for a different twist.
- If you want vegetarian pizza rolls you can use your favorite veggies like peppers, onions, spinach and mushrooms but I recommend cooking them first in a skillet and cooling them completely before wrapping them in the pizza dough.
- You can also switch up the cheese. Instead of mozzarella try using gruyere, cheddar cheese, provolone, or a combination of different kinds of cheese. Basically, any cheese that melts well will work. I wouldn’t use Parmesan cheese on its own, but you could add to another type of cheese for a boost of flavor or sprinkle some over the top of the pizza bites before baking them.
More Pizza Snacks
It’s so fun to create pizza-inspired appetizers because they’re great for parties and game-day get-togethers. Here are a few more of my favorite pizza appetizers and snacks.
- 1 premade pizza dough I used Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- marinara sauce for dipping
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 9-inch pie pan with parchment paper.
Make round balls with pizza dough, about 1 inch in diameter. Flatten dough balls and sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni before sealing dough balls back up. Flip the dough over, and smooth the dough from top to bottom, making sure to seal the bottom. Smooth and shape the ball until it is smooth and round.
Place finished dough balls into pie pan, lining them next to each other and covering plate.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top of the balls. Bake for about 20 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Serve warm with a side of marinara sauce.
Nutrition estimate does not include the marinara sauce.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have. All images and content are © Kirbie's Cravings.
Easy Pizza Bites
Amount Per Serving (1 pizza bite)
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 43IU1%
Net Carbs 11g22%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.