This single-serving matcha cookie is an easy treat that takes five minutes of prep and ten minutes to bake. It’s crispy, chewy and an easy way to get a cookie fix without making a big batch of cookies.
I really enjoy making single-serving desserts and recently I shared a microwave matcha cookie and wanted to follow-up and share a baked matcha cookie version, too. It has a very different texture and takes just a little longer since you have to wait for the oven to preheat to bake it.
It’s really nice to make just a single cookie when you get a craving because making a whole batch can be a pain. Single-serving cookies like this one are one of my favorite ways to satisfy a sweets craving.
Matcha Cookie Texture and Flavor
Like my other green tea desserts, this single-serving cookie is flavored with matcha powder which gives it a pretty green hue. Since it’s just one cookie you only need a small amount of each ingredient to make it.
For a quick dessert, you can’t beat the microwave but as much as I love the ease there are limitations. You can’t get a crispy-chewy cookie in the microwave, which you can in the oven. This oven version has a crispy-chewy texture which I love.
- Melted unsalted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Whisked egg
- Matcha powder
Just combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth and uniformly green in color. The dough will be thick like a pancake batter.
I like to bake it on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Form the dough into a circle in the middle of the sheet pan and bake it for 10 minutes. I like to cool the cookie for 15 minutes or so before I eat it.
This cookie was quite satisfying and even big enough for sharing. I love that it only takes five minutes of prep work and ten minutes to bake.
More Single-Serving Cookie Recipes
- Cookies and Cream Cookie for One
- Single-Serving Birthday Cake Cookie
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookie
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookie for One
Single Serving Matcha Green Tea Cookie
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tbsp whisked egg
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix with a whisk until smooth batter forms that is uniformly green. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Using a small spatula, scrape batter into the middle of the baking sheet. The batter will be thick, like pancake batter, but you should be able to make a perfect circle of batter in the center of your baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges turn a light brown and center is set. Let cookie cool on sheet about 15-30 minutes before removing and eating.
The nutrition information provided are only estimates based on an online nutritional calculator. I am not a certified nutritionist. Please consult a professional nutritionist or doctor for accurate information and any dietary restrictions and concerns you may have.